I’m a huge fan of liquid bandages and my brand of choice is New Skin. But what other uses does it have that could potentially save your life when the zombies come knocking?
Aside from sealing up small nicks and cuts from potential infection, it’s a great way to seal larger lacerations that you simply don’t have the supplies to deal with on the run. And that could save your life if you need to get away quickly.
So what are some of the other uses?
- Preventing ingrown toenails – the bane of existence!
- paint the liquid bandage around the edge of the nail on your toe where it has a tendency to curl under and into your skin
- using a toothpick, lift your nail along the top and the side to let the liquid bandage get between the nail and your skin
- once it dries it will help to protect the tender skin of your toe and thicken the area, hopefully preventing your nail from piercing the skin.
- Sealing cracks in super dry skin – even your lips if they get sunburned or windburned!
- Can help to prevent rope or shoelaces from unraveling at the ends
- Tightening loose screws
- Getting rid of warts or cold sores by starving them of oxygen by painting over them with liquid bandage
Are there any other uses you can think of? If so, please let me know in the comments!