How many of us truly think about what we would do if the Zombies attacked? I know I have thought of the usefulness of different household items and have come to the conclusion that many of them are useful.
Take for example the rubber band. Don’t think you’ll need one when the shit hits the fan? Think again…
Here are a list of unique uses for the rubber band:
- Wrapping it around wrapped food can help to keep that food fresh
- It can keep certain items together
- You can use it to keep your fingers in prime shape, allowing you to have better aim
- You can mark the level of water in your coloured container (an easy and quick way to determine if you need to refill)
- You can use it to tie your hair out of your face (let’s you see the Zombies coming at you more easily, especially on a windy day)
- If you cut one in half you can use it to help keep your glasses on your face (will help when trying to shoot and when fleeing quickly is necessary. Trust me, you don’t want to lose your glasses and render yourself blind)
- If you wrap them around your club/stick/handle it will help to prevent splinters
- You can make a ball of them and use it as stress relief (and trust me, you’ll be stressed with hordes of the Undead pursuing you)
- You can split an injured finger easily with a stick and an elastic band
- You can melt them to make a decent adhesive when you need it
- If you attach them together in a rope of sorts, place a bell or something jingly on it and then stretch it between two points, you’d made yourself a perimeter alarm
Essentially the uses really are endless and I know the elastic band will become an essential part of any preppers tool kit after the Undead rise. Can you think of any additional uses I didn’t emphasis here? If so, share them!